Friday 29 April 2011

Friday Wonder Ponder #7



Say farewell to another superb week and welcome a new and exciting weekend!

Today is the Royal Wedding of Kate Middleton and Prince William. My best regards to the young couple and I sincerely wish them well in the future.

I don't like following trends or succumbing to peer pressure, but for the life of me I can't escape the newest fad that's sweeping the male population.

What is this, you ask?

"This" is they, and they come in all shapes, colors and sizes. Some fly, some have horns, but what is synonymous about them is their long gorgeous locks, hooves and snout. Yes people, I regret to inform you that I like My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic.

I used to flee at the sight of them at toy stores, or whenever my sister watched them on TV, but now...I.CANNOT. HELP.MYSELF!

Is this some kind of voodoo? Like the one supposedly employed by Pokemon to infatuate people of all ages and creeds?

I tried blocking the Youtube string for anything remotely related to ponies, but every time I sit at work, alone at my desk, I think of Wind Whistler, my most favorite pony of all.














Look at that face. Look at that hair. Oh god, someone HELP ME!

Am I becoming a woman?

No offense to you ladies, but I can't handle having boobs, periods and fighting over shoes.

Please, if any guys out there have found a way to get over this "thing", a My Little Pony Rehab, if you will, please, by all means SAVE ME, man!

This pandemic has brought a very interesting query to mind, so on this the seventh Wonder Ponder, my question to you is simple: What were some of the toys you loved as a kid/adult?

Have a healthy and holy weekend!




7 comments:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

You are so metrosexual :P and simply awesome. hehehe. You'd definitely be among the straight friends I had if we lived in the same city.

CBame13 said...

Hah well what you watch is up to you, but I'd suggest moving to different cartoons or simply resisting the urge until it fades away. Like all fads, this too will pass leaving you confused and slightly worried.
However if you need a new show to watch I'd suggest either the new season of south park that just started or start getting into archer

Jo Schaffer said...

Teehee--resistance is futile.
I had some My Little Ponies, Strawberry Shortcake and Herself the Elf dolls as a kid.
But I was a tom boy and liked hot wheels and GI Joe and Transformers too.
Awesome sauce.
You're hilarious. (=

Tracey Neithercott said...

How can anyone resist those big eyes, colorful mane and the splattering of Ps on their thigh? Plus they say things like "and even though I love my boots, this fashion's getting old." Who can't relate? :)

I did play with the REAL My Little Pony dolls when I was little and watched that TV show. I was also pretty obsessed with the shows Gummy Bears, Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers, and Duck Tales.

Anonymous said...

I've never had a My Little Pony, but they're so cute. No, you're not becoming a woman. MLP is for everyone to enjoy.

I'm still obsessed with Hello Kitty. She's so irresistible.

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

My kids have a whole bucketful of my little ponies that they don't play with anymore. If you're really nice, maybe I shall send them to you!

Beth said...

I LOVE Wind Whistler. >_>

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...