Wednesday 18 April 2012

O Is For So Over Him



Miss Quanisha went on a date with a guy she met on facebook and they had the perfect evening: a nice dinner, lots of flirting and a kiss goodnight. So Miss Quanisha went bragging like a hen in a barn on Thanksgiving: "Gurrrl, he's like all that and a box of chocolates. We had the best time, like fo realz fo realz, and I do mean fo realz. We had lobster, some mashed potatoes, wine--he even paid for it all, honey. I'm telling you this cat don't play. Like, fo realz."   .

So Miss Quanisha is excited about the prospect of a second date. The thing is, he has to call first.

"We had a great time, okur, I know he's gonna call. Who can resist this fine piece of caramel right here?"

Three hours turn into six and soon three days have passed.

"He must've fell in a manhole or somethin', Imma give 'im a few days to recover."

Seven days later. Quanisha is crying to her girlfriends.

"Oh gawd! He didn't call, gurl, am I ugly? I know my face is jacked up but I got a big ass and a tongue ring. I bet it's mah knees, they too ashy, right? Oh lawd why I gotta have ashy knees? Why lawd--WHYYYYY!"

Truth be told, when you give a guy your number and he doesn't call, HE'S.NOT.INTERESTED. It's not you, it's not him--it just didn't work. Don't question yourself and replay the date in your mind, just put on your best dress and get back out there.

6 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

Nice post there, Love Doctor! :P

However, that is pretty much the harsh truth.

Lily Cate said...

Ha! I just had a nice long debate with some old friends about the opposite of this - guys getting friendzoned.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

You made me LOL

Clare said...

This was excellent. I loved your characterization of Miss Quanisha, it was hilarious.

I look forwards to seeing what you come up with for the rest of the challenge, and catching up on your previous posts, too!

Cassie Mae said...

Thank heavens I never had to deal with this, lol.

T.D. McFrost said...

I'm glad this was as much fun for you to read as it was for me to write.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...